I haven’t been doing many food-related posts lately. That’s partly because I’m trying not to eat a lot of food right now. And partly because I just haven’t been eating anything worth posting. But on Sunday I whipped up a batch of “easy fajitas” so I’d have something tasty to eat after yoga this week. Here’s my recipe:
RECIPE: EASY FAJITAS
- Whole onion, sliced thinly
- One red bell pepper, cut in strips
- One yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- About 1 lb. of chicken strips
- 1 package of Frontera Skillet Sauce (This is a product from Top Chef Master Rick Bayless…it comes in a few varieties…I’ve tried them all and they’re all delicious. I found it at Sprouts.)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add onions and peppers and sauté until onions are soft and translucent. Remove to a bowl.
2. Add chicken to the same pan and brown on both sides until cooked most of the way through.
3. Return onions and peppers back to the pan and add the entire packet of sauce. Cook for about 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is heated.
4. I like to serve this on a tortilla topped with cilantro and avocado. I also sometimes add a little bit of grated cheese.
It’s really good and really easy.